This is a system in place to fulfil the orders received from customers. Once an order is placed – what are the necessary steps to deliver the good or service to the customer? Is ongoing support or service needed?
Order fulfilment generally involves a series of steps:
- Efficiently and correctly deliver the good or service to the customer
- Update customer records (either manually or electronically)
- Invoice customer for payment (keep a record)
- Promptly resolve complaints and answer queries – provide good customer service
- Analyse customer data and purchase patterns to tailor marketing campaigns accordingly